After a myriad of sneaks on our social platforms, it was about time to post up the photoset of Darth Raider. Currently, it’s being transmitted to an overseas publication for print, we are excited for that.
Darth Raider is a creation from a passionate automotive individual, Phillip DeMarks, a,k.a. as Chief. Chief is also a contributor to DaYUUM from the early days and his 2005 Honda Element EX has been meticulous executed with every detail planned accordingly, from the ARC air box to JDM seats, it’s an Element to not overlook.
We bring you, Darth Raider:
• Three-tone custom paint, Mercedes Black overlaid in a Blue Pearl, Mercedes Arabian Gray center section, and Porsche Pearl Platinum Silver bottom section
• Webasto Hollandia 700 fully automatic moon roof system
• Genuine Honda JDM factory HID head lights and yellow JDM Honda Fog Lights
• SCA Aluminum Fog Light Tunnel Sleeves
• Billet Chromed Upper and Lower Front Grills with JDM Honda emblem
• Element SC Roof Cladding
• Element SC Tail Lights (with 5 Star LED’s), and SC Rear Bumper with body toned SC Rear Splash Guards
• Honda JDM Front Fenders with JDM (LED) Side Marker Lights (blink sequentially with the turn signals)
• Weathertech Full Channel Side Window Visors
• Body toned OEM Side Steps.
• OEM Front Bumper Trim, Rocker Panel Trim, OEM Rear Spoiler, 55 Watt PIAA Custom Fog Lights
• OEM Bug Deflector
• Custom Tinted Glass
• Custom 3M 8mm Invisible Bra, Honda Element lettering in Japanese script.
• Custom Decals.
• Custom designed Two-Toned Pin Striping
WHEELS and TIRES:
• Chromed ‘two-piece forged 20X9.5” DPE’s (Dynamic Performance Engineering) with a custom 38.9mm off-sets, and DPE Limited Edition Red Crested Center Caps, with matching Red Lug Nuts. Wheels are wrapped in Toyo Proxes 4’s (225X35X20) front and rear.
• Rotara 13” Two-Piece Drilled and Slotted Rotors
• Rotara 4-Piston (two-piece) Calipers
• H2 High Ceramic Carbon Brake Pads
• Steel Braided Brake Lines
• Carbon Steel Mounting Brackets
ENGINE and DRIVETRAIN:
• 2.4 liter K24 A4 engine
• Bore 83mm/ Stroke 87mm
• TSX RL 5 pistons and rings with a 10.1 compression ratio
• RSX Type S Oil Pump.
• Eagle “ESP” Connecting Rods; ‘One-off’ ARC Polished Aluminum Super Air Intake Box and custom ARC Polished Aluminum Cooling Plate
• ARC Aluminum Radiator
• ARC High Pressure Radiator Cap
• Spoon Sports Oil Filler Cap
• ARC Titanium Spark Plug Wire Cover
• Okada Projects Plasma Direct Ignition Coils.
• Spoon Sports DC5 K-20 Valve Cover
• SAMCO Silicone Hoses
• JDM Oil Dip Stick
• NRG Innovations Carbon Fiber Hood Dampers
• Optima Yellow Top Battery with Kicker Bass Capacitors
• TSX Z3 Ported and Polished Cylinder Head
• Skunk2, StageII Camshafts
• Skunk2 Tuner Series Valve Springs
• Skunk2 TI Retainers
• “Series K” Keepers
• Beck Arnley Rocker Arms
• Hybrid Racing Timing Chain Tensioner
• DC Sports RSX 4-2- 1 Type S Header System
• TSX Ported RBB Intake Manifold
• TSX Ported Throttle Body
• K-Tuned Fuel Rail with Fuel Pressure Gauge
• Ignalls Engine Torque Damper
• A completely custom designed air suspension system by ICE BOXX CUSTOMS featuring the Bluetooth 3P Air Management System from Air Lift Performance Suspension
• Techniques Anti Sway Bars
• Skunk2 Lower Control Arms, Eibach Rear Camber Kit, Ingalls Front Camber Bolts
• Moog Front End Steering Pack and inverted tie rods
• Backyard Custom Interiors leather interior with JDM Rear Seats
• South Coast Accessories Deluxe Full Carpet Kit
• Custom Brushed Aluminum Center Panel, Meter Panel, and Switch Panel Plates
• Element SC Leather Shift Knob
• NRG Brushed Aluminum Hand E-Brake Handle
• Nardi Leather Steering Wheel, with custom made “Honda” Center Cap
• NRG black Carbon Fiber Quick Release
• OEM Cargo Cover and Cargo Mat
• Razo Aluminum and Carbon Fiber Gas Pedal, Brake Pedal and Dead Pedal Plate; Ursa Minor Dead Pedal
• JDM Center Console Face Plate with OEM Honda S2000 Start Button; Red JDM Emergency Flasher Button
• Custom fabricated Mugen billet aluminum door sills
• Custom Billet Aluminum Emergency Brake Handle ; Custom Emergency Brake Handle Leather Boot
• OEM Black Storage Arm Rest; “Raiders” Carpeted Floor Mats & Elemental Motorsports Carpeted Cargo Mat
FUEL and EXHAUST:
• NRG Innovations Oil Catch Can; CT Engineering High Flow Injectors
Random Technology High Flow Catalytic Converter; NGK Oxygen Sensor; Denso Iridium Power Performance Plugs; Ingen Technology Cat Back Exhaust System; ‘Sebring Tubing’ Double Wall
• Stainless Steel Exhaust Tip.
• 2007 Element 5-speed AT swap. Plus, modified and replaced the reverse gear, fourth gear, and the reverse selector on the counter shaft
• Control Valve Assemblies were custom calibrated and new ‘sintered bronze’ aftermarket bushings were put in
• Installed a hardened differential cross shaft and replaced the reverse fork
• New One-Way Clutches were installed
• The main shaft, the counter shaft, and the secondary shaft were tested for stress with ultra sonic sound, as well as, the Transfer Gears and the Differential Ring Gear to reduce fracturing
Shout OUTs:I want to give grateful shout outs to Liza & Regi at Island Motorsports, and my son PJ for always being there for me; Eddie Hernandez at New Era Customs; also to my Element brothers Jeff Smith and Joe Dixon; and my good buddy Jerry Kimmel over at South Coast Accessories. My license plate reads “YOKOKE” which is “Thankful” in Choctaw, and I truly am to everyone who helped make my dream a reality!